On the right bottom figure there are presented comparative results of Laser Heating of tungsten foil by:
- a focused TEM01 beam (left column),
- a flattop beam created from a TEM00 beam of fiber laser with using the F‑piShaper 9_1064 (two right columns).
The laser power is stepwise increased in top-down direction.
Brightness of dots corresponds to the temperature.
In case of “pure” TEM01:
- varying the laser power leads to evident variation of dot diameter,
- the range of dot diameters is extremely wide,
- temperature distribution within a dot is non-uniform.
Note: in case of “pure” TEM00 beam the dot diameter variation is even stronger.
In case of flattop beam:
- the dot size is almost invariable by varying the laser power,
- the temperature is uniform all over the dot,
- varying the laser power leads to corresponding varying of the dot temperature.